Shri Ram College of Commerce follows a multi-faceted approach towards development of scientific temper, research culture, and aptitude among its students. To promote research temperament and spirit of enquiry, several avenues are open in the College. Prime areas where students can explore research opportunities are
• Centre for Academic Excellence Scheme for Students
To promote excellence in academic pursuits, students can apply for financial support for participating in, and presenting papers in Seminars/Workshops/Training Programmes/Debate/Youth Leadership Programmes and Participation in the Field Trips/Industrial Visits/Educational Visits at local, national and international level under various . (For details, kindly peruse the CAE Scheme attached below) Procedure for dealing with applications for financial support under ‘Centre for Academic Excellence’ scheme for Students
1. Student desirous of availing financial support must fill the details in Application (Format A) and submit it to the Dealing Assistant in the Administrative Office.
2. Application should be entered in a Prescribed Register by the DA (Format B). A Registration Number will be given by the D.A. to the applicant.
3. DA will verify the eligibility of the applicant from his/her Ledger Account, ensure that relevant documents are submitted, and that the documents are complete in all respects. The AO/SO Admin will verify the facts and countersign the application. In case documents are incomplete or applicant is not eligible his/her application should be returned citing reason (Format F).
4. All papers complete in all respects will be forwarded to the PO with a summary in a prescribed format (Format C) once in every three months (30th Sept, 31st Dec.,31st March and 30th June) or even earlier in case more than 10 applications are received before three months.
5. The PO will make arrangement for convening the meeting of the Committee for formalizing the approval and disposal of applications.
6. After the approval of the Committee the papers will be send to the Administration for recording in Ledger for Programme-wise-Assistance (Format E).
7. After recording in register the Administrative Office will send Applications to the Accounts Office for releasing Financial Assistance to the beneficiary. The Administration will inform the beneficiary that the Financial Assistance has been granted, and for reimbursement he/she may contact to the Accounts office. In case Financial Assistance has been disapproved the information for the same should be send to the applicant citing reasons, if given by the Committee (Format G). This should be done through emails or notices also.
8. Accounts Section will maintain a register for Reimbursement Date-wise & Account- wise.
9. The applications approved under the scheme shall be audited by Internal Auditor.
• STRIDES-A Students Journal of Shri Ram College of Commerce
STRIDES-A Students Journal of Shri Ram College of Commerce (ISSN 2581- 4931 (Print)) is a double blind reviewed bi-annual Journal launched exclusively to encourage and promote research amongst SRCC students on contemporary topics and issues in areas of commerce, economics, management, governance and polices, amongst others. Shri Ram College of Commerce is one of the few Colleges in the University of Delhi to have its own student journal. The journal provides an opportunity to the students of Shri Ram College of Commerce to publish their academic research work under the guidance of faculty members. For more information, please visit: http://www.srcc.edu/publications/students-publications